You might also be interested to see our Danube River Golf Cruise Anton Koch Escorted Group Sept 2020
- Prague 3 nights pre-cruise golf arrive Alcron Hotel September 03rd, 2020 – September 06th, 2020
- Danube River Golf Cruise 7 nights AmaMagna Vilshofen to Budapest September 06th, 2020 – September 13th, 2020
- Budapest 2 nights post-cruise additional golf course option arrive Budapest Sofitel Chain Bridge Hotel September 13th – September 15th, 2020
Deposit $400 per person
NEW for River Danube Golf Cruises Austria, Chez Republic, Germany, Hungary, Slovakia May to mid-October 2020\2021\2022. 7 Night Danube River Cruise Cabin Accommodations from US$3,100 pp\dbl Category E. FREE Air April 26th River Danube Golf Cruises Austria, Chez Republic, Germany, Hungary, Slovakia. May to mid-October 2020\2021\2022
GolfAhoy has a group of adventurous golfers in September every year challenging the golf courses along the Danube River in Europe onboard an AmaWaterways luxury riverboat, visiting Austria, the Czech Republic, Germany, Hungary, and Slovakia en route.
GolfAhoy recommends Upper Deck Outside Balcony from $7,598 pp/dbl cruise-only fare.
- Add Cruise Deposit US$800
- Add 3-night Pre-Cruise Prague Hotel package from US$840 pp/dbl
- Add 2-night Post-Cruise Budapest Hotel package from US$345 pp/dbl
- Add Anton Koch Danube River Golf Cruise AmaMagna go ‘golf-bags-hands-free’ 5 18 hole Golf Excursion package from US$2,764 pp
Danube River Golf Cruise AmaWaterways Balcony Stateroom exclusive GolfAhoy offer! 2020 Danube River Golf Cruise with Twin Balcony Stateroom | 5 golf rounds
Danube River Golf Cruise ITINERARY
Starts September 3, 2020, in Prague w\3 days pre-cruise hotel & golf pkg. – sailing 7 days south down the Danube River to Budapest w\2 days post-cruise hotel & golf pkg. in Budapest.
2020 September | Danube River GolfAhoy GOLF Cruise Package
- 3 Nights Pre-Cruise Prague Hotel + Golf
- 7 Day Romantic Danube River Cruise Vilshofen to Budapest + Golf
- 2 Nights Post-Cruise Budapest Sofitel Hotel + Golf
Prague – This morning, choose between a standard city tour and a hike. For non-golfer travel-companions see all optional City Tours.
Championship Course Golf Package highlights:
Concierge ‘meet and greet’ Prague hotel.
Golf bags go hands-free. Concierge golf bag handling and transportation in a secured van by land accompanying your Danube River Cruise port to port – your golf clubs are cleaned overnight and are waiting for you at the Championship golf course you’ll play on that day.
- Mercedes Benz Sprinter transfers and transportation from your riverboat to your Championship golf courses.
- Welcome Gift, including 1 box of Pro V1 golf balls, 5-course guides, pitch repair tool, golf tees, personalized golf bag tag, and a leather golf shoe bag.
- A la carte lunch at the clubhouse.
- Accompanied by our Golf Concierge.
- Bottled mineral water in your cart.
- Range balls.
Included courses in our Championship Course Golf Package
Albatross GC Prague
The host of the Czech Masters, a European Tour Event.
Designed by Keith Preston, and opened in 2009, the golf course occupies an area of more than 80 hectares (197,684 acres) and is situated on a hillside bordering the Cesky Kras Nature Reserve. There are seven lakes on the course covering more than 20,000 square meters, 65 sand traps, and more than 1200 newly planted mature trees adorning the landscape.
The leading golf course in the Czech Republic as voted for by Golf Digest, this wonderful resort will start your golfing tour off in perfect style.
Beckenbauer GC Vilshofen
The host of the Porsche European Open 2015 and 2016, Paul Lawrie Saltire Match Play Championship 2017.
Regal golfing pleasure on lush greens and perfect fairways – this championship course, created by former Masters champion Bernhard Langer, seems to be one with the meadow landscape surrounding the small river Rott and was awarded a “world class” rating within one year of opening. The 18 holes in Penning, right beside the Audi Golf Course, do indeed pack a punch. They don’t hold back when it comes to challenges, but also offer sufficient opportunities for some serious success.
What makes this golf course so special is the quality of the hand-mown greens and fairways, which remain tip-top even during the summer thanks to a double-row irrigation season.
Diamond GC Linz
The host of the Austrian Open, a European Tour Event since 2010.
This Championship course, host of the Lyoness Open, on the outskirts of Vienna, challenges every player’s ability, thanks to the need for good course management and that important element of water. The 8th hole was designed by the legendary Miguel Angel Jimenez and really emulates the iconic Spaniard.
Experience the European Tour standard which allows for precise shots in challenging settings, far from those packed fairways. The trim cut grass and perfectly kept greens allow for the best games of golf, surrounded by beautiful and fair water hazards.
Penati Resorts GC Bratislava
The host of the Slovak Challenge, a European Tour Challenge Tour event.
This 18-hole golf course has been built according to plans authored by Nicklaus Design, one of the world’s leading design firms. The Nicklaus Design LEGEND COURSE complies with USGA standards at the world PGA level. 60% of the world’s golf courses which host PGA tournaments have been designed by Nicklaus Design.
Along with many other scenic features, this course counts the longest hole in Europe among its challenges. The 787 Yard par 6 15th hole awaits golf enthusiasts, offering 11 tees. The view alone is fascinating.
Pannonia GC Budapest
The host of the Hungarian Amateur Championships.
The 18-hole golf course of Pannonia Golf & Country Club was designed by the famous Austrian course designer Hans G. Erhardt. The golf course lies in a valley, so the varied forms of its fairways provide a great golf experience. Lakes come into play at 8 holes and pin placements may also present a challenge at the hilly greens. With 6 different tee-boxes, both beginners and advanced players can get a true and fair idea of their golf skills.
The natural environment and the beautiful carefully maintained course inspires golf players to hit great shots. Erhardt also designed the Golf course Fontana, host of the Austrian Open for many years and believes that Pannonia is still the best course in Hungary.
Adamstal GC Vienna or Fontana GC or Castle Schonborn subject to availability at time of booking.
Vienna optional choice add-on US$552 per golfer min 2 golfers. A 6th round could be incorporated in Vienna at Adamstal GC, ranked 85th in Europe and truly a magnificent course showing the true beauty of the alpine nature around Vienna. Ask your GolfAhoy agent to reserve at the time of booking.
Golf courses are subject to change without notice.
Linz GOLF at Golf Club Mondsee
This beautifully designed golf course owes its origins to the dreadful Chernobyl nuclear disaster in May 1986. The exceptional 18-hole championship course along the Dragon Lake offers mountain peak views of the Salzkammergut. In the years prior to the Chernobyl nuclear disaster, Peter Graf raised a prime bull breed on the acreage that is now the Golf Club Mondsee. Meat prices fell drastically after Chernobyl in Europe, so the Graf family sold off their herd and started looking for a different use for the land. For a family of golfers, the decision was easy, build an 18-hole championship golf course. A valid handicap certificate or card is required. The handicap limit is 54. The play is limited to 4½ hours.
Linz GOLF at St. Florian Golf Course Linz
Vienna GOLF at Fontana Golf Club
The demanding, yet fair course with its many bunkers and water hazards is one of Austria’s top golf courses. The 18-hole Championship Course was a venue of the European Tour in Austria from 2006 to 2009 and 2015 venue candidate for the Ryder Cup 2022.
Bratislava GOLF at Bernolakovo Black River Golf Course
The course is situated about 5km from the capital of Slovakia – Bratislava. This masterfully designed 18-hole Black River golf course is, thanks to its rating, one of the most demanding courses in Europe. The first six holes are a part of the original course, called Park, they are situated in a park of a baroque mansion, and the other holes are situated behind river Čierná voda. The most difficult hole is number 12 which has a double dogleg. There are large bunkers in the first break making placing the ball in a good position for the next hit difficult. In the second one, there is a water hazard leading to the green. It is difficult to choose the most interesting holes because each of them, at this course, has all of the attributes which a challenging golf course can offer to golfers. A valid handicap certificate or card is required. The handicap limit is 54.
Budapest. Your morning excursion includes sightseeing in the cities of Buda and Pest spread over both banks of the river. You will see famed Heroes’ Square and Castle Hill, home to Fisherman’s Bastion, Matthias Church and spectacular views of the Danube. Alternatively, you may also opt to join a hike up to Castle Hill on which you will see Buda Castle, Fisherman’s Bastion and Parliament Square. After dinner, the ship will sail a special Illuminations Cruise past the glittering riverfront of Budapest.
At leisure in Budapest
Budapest GOLF at Sofitel Hotel Budapest Pannonia Golf & Country Club
The club is situated in Máriavölgy, approximately 30 – 40 minutes from the Budapest city center. The land was occupied by the Habsburg family as a weekend retreat around 1845. The approach to the clubhouse leads through a gorgeous row of 200-year-old Sycamore trees. The 18-hole championship course was designed by renowned architect, Hans-Georg Erhardt and was opened in 1997. Pannonia Golf & Country Club is proud to have hosted the 2011 and 2012 Hungarian Open Amateur Championship. A valid handicap certificate or card is required. The handicap limit is 36.
For non-golfer travel, companions see optional City Tours.
In some instances, GolfAhoy golf-excursion times will conflict with AmaWaterways organized walking city tours or excursions. Where GolfAhoy golf group guests forfeit Ama tours for golf excursions the price of the GolfAhoy golf package is already adjusted for any forfeited Ama walking tours or excursions.
Economy Golf Course Shore Excursion ITINERARY – Ports subject to change per river conditions Danube River Golf Cruise.
|1||Overnight flight to the Czech Republic|
|3||Prague||GOLF at Golf Resort Karlstejn|
|Optional Folklore Dinner Show|
|OR optional Terezin excursion|
|OR optional Lobkowicz Palace excursion|
|5||Prague||Transfer to Regensburg|
|6||Vilshofen||GOLF at Beckenbauer Golf Course|
|7||Linz||GOLF at Golf Club Mondsee|
|St. Florian Golf Course Linz|
|Cesky Krumlov excursion|
|8||Melk||Benedictine Abbey tour|
|Krems||Durnstein Walking Tour|
|Wine tasting at a local winery|
|9||Vienna||GOLF at Fontana Golf Club|
|Optional Schönbrunn Palace excursion|
|Optional evening Mozart & Strauss concert|
|10||Bratislava||GOLF at Bernolakovo Black River Golf Course|
|“Communist History” tour|
GOLF at Pannonia Golf & Country Club
CRUISE – INCLUDED FEATURES Danube River Golf Cruise AmaWaterways
- 3 nights hotel in Prague at the InterContinental or Hilton Old Town
- Transfer from Prague to the ship in Vilshofen
- 7 nights deluxe cruise accommodation in an outside stateroom most staterooms offer French balconies or revolutionary Twin Balconies
- Shore excursions in every port with personal headset included
- Limited Edition Tours
- Entertainment on demand in all staterooms featuring free high-speed internet access, hit Hollywood movies, extensive music library, and English language TV stations
- Complimentary Wi-Fi access onboard
- Terry bathrobes and white-on-white plush bedding in all staterooms
- Fine dining with all meals included during your cruise
- Multiple dining venues
- Unlimited red and white wines from Europe’s great wine regions, beer and soft drinks with every lunch and dinner on board
- Bottled water in every stateroom replenished daily
- Cocktail Reception, Welcome Dinner, and Captain’s Gala Dinner
- Special highlights including lectures, cooking demonstration, onboard music performances, and piano music
- Bicycles to explore on your own and guided bicycle tours
- Services of professional Cruise Manager
- Non-smoking environment (smoking permitted only on the Sun Deck)
AmaWaterways riverboats are the epitome of the first-class luxurious amenities and comfortable public areas that are being added to the new breed of European riverboats. With a pool and whirlpool, Bistro, main lounge, bar, and wine bar, gift shop, library, Spa and hair salon, fitness room, Chef’s Table restaurant, and Main restaurant – there are no shortages of après golf 19th hole libation locations to be found aboard these beautiful new riverboats.
Dinner service includes complimentary regional wines, beer or soft drinks.
- Dinners are prepared under the watchful eyes of a European Champion of Culinary Art, three times gold medal winner, Chef Primus Perchtold.
- AmaWaterways is the only river cruise line to have been inducted into La Chaine des Rotisseurs, the world’s most prestigious culinary organization.
- Our GolfAhoy past passenger testimonials say that the food is absolutely fantastic, service is European smart hospitable and presentation execution is creatively stunning.
The Danube River Cruise Difference
- Peaceful and scenic, river cruising offers a smooth, gentle ride along the world’s most remarkable waterways.
- Supreme comfort and convenience make it the premier way to experience magnificent cities, historic villages and little-seen enclaves.
- From your stateroom balcony, endless natural beauty combines with evolving views of the colorful local scenery.
- Castles and fortresses tower on both sides as if you could reach out and touch them.
- When your ship docks in the heart of town, stroll ashore for included excursions or set off to explore on a complimentary bicycle.
Explore on Two Wheels VIDEO
With no need to navigate from place to place, you’ll find a sense of adventure and a sense of home all in one vacation.
Just Unpack Once Danube River Golf Cruise AmaWaterways
- Unpack once and get comfortable.
- Visit different cities and countries while your hotel travels with you.
- A river cruise offers the amenities of a first-class hotel from which you’ll never feel uprooted.
- Discover local delights onshore then return to your large, stylish stateroom.
Relaxation Comes Easy Danube River Golf Cruise AmaWaterways
Watch the scenery slip by from your balcony as you leisurely sail to your next destination.
Dock in the Heart of City Danube River Golf Cruise AmaWaterways
Dock right in the heart of historic cities. Enjoy the excitement of waking up in a new town, docked just steps from markets, museums and landmarks. Ships rest close to the town center so you can easily sample local culture and favorite pastimes. Simply walk off the ship and into the heart of the city. Take a guided excursion or instantly blend in with daily life.
Scenic Waterways Danube River Golf Cruise AmaWaterways
Discover the world’s most scenic waterways. Cruise through some of Europe’s oldest cities or on the world’s most scenic waterways. These were the original highways between great cities built along the water’s edge.
Over the course of your journey, you’ll find yourself surrounded by rolling vineyards, hilltop castles, and time-honored cities and challenging championship golf courses.
Intimate Environment GolfAhoy Danube River Golf Cruise
Intimate environment and an inclusive value! With river vessels accommodating a mere 150 passengers, you will never wait in a long line to board or disembark. Smaller tours and intimate meal settings with open seating create a warm, personal atmosphere accentuated by five-star service.
Your inclusive vacation provides incredible value for the champagne breakfast and free-flowing hand-selected European wines with lunch and dinner to a fleet of bicycles, free Internet access, included sightseeing excursions and live cultural entertainment onboard.
Cruise in Luxury with AmaWaterways VIDEO
- AmaWaterways river cruise ships are inspired by luxury yachts and designed specifically to maximize every aspect of the guests’ experience. You will notice the difference the minute you step onboard and are welcomed in the beautiful lobby. From then on, you will be treated to an array of unique and luxurious features as you journey along in your floating hotel.
- Relax and delight in stunning views in spacious staterooms, many of which feature twin balconies — a French balcony and an outside balcony.
- Enjoy exclusive amenities like massage services, a fitness room, and a pool while on board. Indulge in award-winning cuisine at a variety of dining venues, including The Chef’s Table specialty restaurant — an experience you won’t find elsewhere.
- Berlitz rated AmaWaterways ships the highest in its definitive guide to river cruising in Europe.